Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Out of Town

Hello! So I know it has been a long time since I've updated, but I was in Alaska last week, then had to catch up on school work, then spent time with a friend before her going away party. Anyway, I am back, so let's talk about kitchen updates and some food!

First, let me just say how excited I am that the new appliances are finally in the kitchen!!!! After weeks of waiting, they are here, and they are beautiful.


The microwave and oven. 


The new refrigerator. 

So the new appliances are in, besides that, nothing has been done in the kitchen. It may seem like it's done, but unfortunately, it's not, and no one has shown up to do any work on it for about two weeks now. The cupboards still need their handles and baseboards, and there is just a lot of little finishing touches that need to be finished.

Like I said before, I was just in Alaska. I am no newcomer when it comes to being on airplanes or flying. One thing I hate about flying is the food. There is nothing good to eat. They charge you five dollars for a box of crackers and cheese, and I don't even want to talk about the horrific places they have at the terminals. McDonald's? Come on, really?

So instead of eating their bogus food, lately I have gotten into the habit of packing lunch pales for myself before every flight. Here are pictures of the one I recently packed for the 12 hour travel time to Fairbanks.


This is cowboy caviar. I pack things that are easy to make, easy to eat, and don't need to be hot. Cowboy caviar is the perfect thing to have with chips, or as just a salad. 



Cut up strawberries and a chocolate bar for "chocolate covered stawberries"


Cucumbers and tomatoes as a snack


All packed and ready to go. Green apples and caramel dip.


Pocket full of eating utensils, some candy bars, gum, napkin, and tide to go.

I promise I have many posts coming up, it's just been a hectic two weeks. Until then, best of wishes foodies, talk to you soon!

No comments: