Sunday, March 22, 2009

Reindeer Sausagelaska.

So, like I said before, I recently went to Fairbanks, Alaska. I had been to Alaska once before, to Anchorage, and one thing I remember very well about it is that the seafood there is outstanding. It's so fresh, it's got to be, right?


I started off the meal with a bowl of seafood chowder. It was good. Alaska is freezing, so the nice, creamy warmth of the soup was quite welcoming. It had a lot of salmon, halibut, and clams in it. Mostly it was just a jazzed up clam chowder, but man, I'm down for that! Especially with some crusty bread, well, it was good.



After that I decided to have the Pump House Steam pot, which had oysters, crab, clams, shrimp, salmon, reindeer sausage, potatoes, and broccoli in a little tomato broth. It was good. I mean, I can't ask for much more then seafood at it's finest - with just a little spritz of lemon. I will say that this dish lacked seasoning. It was just the seafood, which can really be a good or bad thing. 

Overall, I liked it. Though it was good, it wasn't my favorite seafood I've ever had, but at least I got variety. Until next time folks, eat your hearts out!

No comments: