Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cheesecake Factory's Special Menu

So, unfortunately, there has still been no more work in the kitchen. They were supposed to put in the appliances today, but that got moved back to tomorrow, so who really knows when those will ever go in. After they do the appliances, they still have to do all the final touch ups, and then we can finally get our kitchen back into working order, and I can finally use the new kitchen!!!

On the bright side of things, Cheesecake Factory has introduced a new "Special Menu" and when they say "special", they ain't lyin'. This thing is brilliant! It's got a lot of appetizer type foods, plus some entrees, all for a really great price. 

My friend and I went there the other day and got stuffed mushrooms, a sausage and ricotta pizzette, crispy artichoke hearts, and a wild mushroom crostini for $10 each, and we didn't even finish all the food because it was too much to eat.


This is the sausage and ricotta pizzette. My friend didn't like it very much, but I gotta say, I love this thing! The dough is not too thick and the ricotta is sooo creamy, it's an awesome taste bud experience with all sorts of textures and flavors. I totally recommend it. They also have two other pizzettes, "Wild Mushroom" and "Margherita", but this is my personal favorite.


This was my first time ever trying this, and I was impressed. All you see is fried little balls, but once you bite into one of these things, the artichoke hearts are so tender and juicy it blows your mind. I couldn't believe it. 



The stuffed mushrooms were also amazing. It's the soft texture of the mushrooms that contrast with the crunchiness of the toasted breadcrumbs, in the smooth sauce, with the creamy cheese. It totally works! This was my friends favorite dish of the day.

Not shown is the wild mushroom crostini we had. My friend enjoyed it, but I just couldn't get too into it. Something about the sauce just didn't suit me the right way. 

Other then that, the meal was delicious, and you've really got to try this new menu! Hopefully I will have good news on the kitchen soon, but until then, eat your heart out!!!

Love and Good textures,

KD

No comments: