Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Month Too Much

So, it has been a month since my last post, and what can I say .... I have been a busy girl, with ice hockey nationals, school, roller hockey games and tournaments, etc. But I am hoping to get back on a more regular posting schedule again. Since it's been a while, today I am going to write about two seperate eating occasions.

I am a huge fan of mexican food. I love tacos, burritos, carne asada, guacamole, salsa, I could go on for days ... but I have to say one of my favorite things is Flautas. You can get 'em at most restaurants, but I have to say the little hole in the wall Los Amigos in San Diego does it best. 


Their flautas are the perfect mix of crispy shell with tender, flavorful shredded beef. Not to mention the smooth creaminess of the sour cream and their guacamole is the best in the game. Finish it off with a little beans and rice, and you've got it made. Every time I go to San Diego, I make a trip .... they're so good, I'd make the two hour drive just to have them for lunch.

So a couple weeks ago, my mom, my friend, and I were looking for a place to eat after my hockey game. We came across this Italian restaurant, and truth be told, I can't remember the name. Anyway, I was lookin' around at the menu ... and all of a sudden this popped out at me: linguine with chicken, asparagus, artichoke hearts in a lemon garlic broth. It seemed like the perfect combination and it was, honestly, one of the best pastas I've ever had in my life. 


The sauce, or broth would be more accurate, was delicious and though it was lemony, it wasn't overly done. The artichoke hearts were tender, the chicken well seasoned, and the asparagus still had a nice crunch to it. It really was the perfect combination, and the portion was big enough for my friend and I had to split and still feel comfortably fed. 

So all in all, two very good dishes, for the month I've been absent. I hope to be posting much more in the coming weeks, so stay tuned...

'Til then foodies, live, learn, and eat good food!

Love,

KD

1 comment:

Anonymously M. (AKA: Meagg) said...

After serious consideration, I have come to the conclusion that I must experience these treasurable delights some day. Maybe you'll take me on a culinary adventure? I do hope so.