Monday, June 29, 2009

Sorry, Sorrie! Enchiladas y Tamales Tambien

So, once again, I have been terrible with keeping up with this food blog. My only excuses are that I had finals for school, summer has started, and I am preparing to transfer to New York for school next year! I am hoping to make up for the lack of updates with a good post now, and some good posts coming up soon!

Enchiladas y Tamales Tambien

One of my favorite things is finding hole in the wall mexican food. The mom and pop places always, in my opinion, end up being the best. Enchiladas y Tamales Tambien is the best I've ever been to, and boy am I glad my best friend introduced me to it.

This restaurant is incredibly small, open very weird hours, closed on Mondays, but regardless of it's shortcomings, it's the best Mexican food I've had in a long time, maybe even ever.

Here is a picture of the inside: Enchiladas y Tamales Tambien


Instead of serving you bowls of chips and salsa, they have a chip and salsa bar so you can serve yourself. Their chips are always freshly made, and you can tell because they're always nice and hot with the right bit of crunch.


Salsa bar. They have about seven different salsas, ranging from mild to spicy. They're very good.


Here's a picture of our chips and the salsa we chose at our table. If you notice the table, it is covered in paper, and you have crayons at your table so that you can draw while you wait for your food.


One awesome thing about this place is that they give you complimentary food. I would recommend going for dinner because then you get complimentary potato tacos, but it's also nice to have a complimentary bowl of fruit with your breakfast.

Bowl of fruit: assorted melon


Complimentary potato tacos. These are very hard to describe, and I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical at first, but I can't tell you how tasty these are. They are so good, crunchy but with a soft potato filling, then topped with cheese, sour cream, and tomato, served over some beans. Absolutely delicious.


I ordered the pick three plate. I got a shredded beef taco, mushroom and onion taco, and more potato tacos because they were so good! It was served with rice, beans, and different toppings as you can see. Everything was really good. Their shredded beef is not what you usually see, it's more of a reddish color, a bit similar to the way corned beef looks, though not at all like it tastes. It was actually very tasty, as was the whole dish.


We also ended up deciding to get dessert, which is like a cake tostada type deal. It was fried tortillas, brownie, strawberry, banana and cream. It was pretty good, though admittedly not my favorite part of the meal. I don't know that I would get it again.



Overall, this place is excellent, and totally worth checking out. It is incredibly tasty. Interesting side not: if it is your birthday, they hand everyone in the restaurant instruments and sing a big group Happy Birthday to you! It can get pretty loud, but it's also quite fun.


1 comment:

Jesus M said...

Why is this place closed?
I havent been there in years so i decided to take my wife this past sunday and it was closed.....